Pros and cons of public cloud, private cloud and hybrid cloud
With the development of cloud computing, almost every enterprise is planning or has been using cloud computing, but not with the same type of cloud model. There are actually three different cloud models, including public cloud, private cloud and hybrid cloud. If you're still wondering which cloud model best suits the needs of your company, the following information may help you to decide.
It refers to a cloud that can be used by third-party provider users which is generally available through the Internet. Public cloud is cost-effective or even free. There’re plenty of application scenarios of public clouds, and they can provide services across the entire open public network today. Attractive services for end users at low prices and the capability of continually creating new business value may the most significant features of public cloud. As a support platform, public cloud can also integrate upstream services including value-added services and advertisement with downstream end users to create a new value chain and ecosystem. It enables customers to access and share basic computer infrastructure, including resources like hardware, storage, and bandwidth.
· Providing services simply through the Internet
· Customers only need to pay for the electricity fee of used resources.
· Since cloud vendors can directly access the service provider’s cloud computing infrastructure, users don’t need to worry about issues on installation and maintenance.
· Public clouds usually can’t meet enough requirements of compliant security regulations because they vary from different countries where different servers locate in.
· Network problems may occur during peak period of online traffic peak.
· Although the public cloud model is usually cost-effective by providing a pay-as-you-go pricing method, the cost of migrating large amounts of data can increase rapidly.
A type of cloud built for a single customer only which provides the most effective control over data, security and service quality with infrastructure enables users to deploy applications freely. Private clouds can be deployed in the firewall of an enterprise data center, or they can be deployed in a secure hosting location. Due to its guaranteed data security feature, many enterprises have begun to construct their own private clouds.
· Private clouds have higher security and privacy, because a single company is the only designated entity that can access it, which also makes it easier to customize their resources to meet specific IT needs, and facilitates the utilization of computing resources.
· The reliability, exponentially growing cloud space and fast transferring speed of private clouds are also valued by enterprises.
· High price
· Companies are limited to the cloud computing infrastructure resources specified in the contract.
· The high level of security may make it difficult for users to access remotely.
A combination of public cloud and private cloud services. Considering security and management issues, not all corporate information can be placed on the public cloud, so most companies that have applied cloud computing tend to use the hybrid cloud model. Since public clouds only charge users for the resources they use, so hybrid clouds will become a very cheap way to handle the peak period of demands. At the same time, hybrid cloud also provides a good foundation for elastic requirements for other purposes, such as disaster recovery. This means that private clouds use public clouds as a disaster recovery platform and use it when needed, which is a very cost-effective concept.
· Allow users to take advantage of both public and private clouds.
· Provide great flexibility for the migration of applications in a multi-cloud environment.
· Cost-effective because companies can decide to use more expensive cloud computing resources as needed.
· Difficult for maintenance and data protection because of the more complicated environment.
· Difficult for integration of different cloud platforms, data, and applications.
· Major compatibility issues may arise between infrastructures.
Interested Blogs More
MySQL InnoDB data preheating
Summary of common commands in DB2 purescale (1) GPFS commands
Scheduled Oracle Database backup to remote server
Performance comparison between docker and virtual machine
Vinchin CEO Dr. Hu Speech | Trends of the Data Backup Technology in Hybrid Cloud